Suggestions

Just as the topic states, let's get suggestions in this topic to see how much better we all can make the unit overall.

Just a few to start:

1. Move more functionality to the web interface from the app,
  2. Implement fail-safe features (both with and without water/reagent in test vial)
  3. Maybe allow pump D to simply dose dKH based on a schedule between testing. For instance, if I know that I need to dose 50ml dKH in between my testing, rather than test more frequently, can I just split that amount and have it dose on a schedule, then test on a separate schedule? I know this is something that could be done with the Dosetronic, but if I do not need to have to heads dedicated to alk, that'll be awesome.

What are some of your thoughts and ideas for the unit?

Thread ideas:

1. Implement dosing schedule for pump D
  2. Implement scheduling for testing (@Tim-Asquith)
  3. In web interface, be able to have some type of reporting to calculate the amount of dKH dosed during certain timeframe (@Daniel-Eriksson)

I personally want the opposite, I don’t understand why we need to go anywhere but the app. Apex fusion works great, open app at home and it’s instantaneous, open app why’ll 2000 miles away from your aquarium and also works instantaneous.

I have a well adjusted calcium reactor and last night I changed my reagent. I ran two tests and it seemed to be testing as it was prior to the refill. I went to bed and when I checked my app in the morning the alkatronic had tested twice at a much lower dkh. Because of this, it dosed 74 ml of alk solution. This caused my dkh to jump over 1 full point. I sure hope my sps don't stn from this! There really needs to be an ability for me to say never dose over 20 ml or whatever value I might choose. I know with my calcium reactor I would never ever need 74 ml! Now I am scared to use action mode. Please please update this!

It’s a good idea but as it is the Alkatronic provides a backup if your doser with alk fails, lines blocked or it runs out of alk solution, in all 3 of those cases the Alkatronic will step in and dose every 2 hours for you, you would then get a lot of red dots alerting you that something is wrong with your doser.

@tim-asquith said in Suggestions:

@mitchel-hayes so you mean the unit allows you to put in your alk demand in ml and it uses pump D to keep up with demand rather than a separate doser?

Yes that is what I am referring to if the unit can have scheduling implemented so you wouldn't have to have a separate piece of equipment handle the dKH. Right now, I have either my kalk stirrer and/or a separate doser with dKH. If the Alkatronic also allowed for me to use pump D for dosing dKH then there is no need to have a head used on my doser with a container for dKH for it as well as the Alkatronic. This will also prevent those that buy the Dosetronic from having to use one of its heads for dKH as well and can use for something else.

Would love to see a feature where I could select a timeframe to see the ml alkatronic has dosed because of to low kH. That way I could select e 2 week period, get the total amount of extre alk dosed and manually dose mg and ca accordingly.

@mitchel-hayes so you mean the unit allows you to put in your alk demand in ml and it uses pump D to keep up with demand rather than a separate doser?

@tim-asquith said in Suggestions:

Custom shedule to allow user to choose what time the unit tests over a set period, for example

Test every 6 hours at 5am 11am 5pm and 11pm

Or every 4 hrs at 8.30am 12.30pm 4.30pm 8.30pm 12.30am

And so on

Edit: also these times to be fixed and not effected by what ever action the Alkatronic takes

This above could be part of the whole scheduling that system that can be implemented for testing/dosing alk through the unit. That would great to be able to have a scheduling mechanism.

Custom shedule to allow user to choose what time the unit tests over a set period, for example

Test every 6 hours at 5am 11am 5pm and 11pm

Or every 4 hrs at 8.30am 12.30pm 4.30pm 8.30pm 12.30am

And so on

Edit: also these times to be fixed and not effected by what ever action the Alkatronic takes

@mitchel-hayes good ideas.
Point 1 and 2 are already implementing in this moment:-)