Adjusting reagent solution

So I probably goofed mixjng and my reagent is giving me way below what true value is for my readings. I'm getting 5.7 dKh when my Hanna reads 8.0 dKh.

What's the best way to adjust reagent to read a bit closer so I can use the baseline calibration to correct it from that point?

Would adding more reagent to the solution cause it to be more accurate or less to my target concentration of the Hanna meter? Thanks!

@eric said in Adjusting reagent solution:

Yes, you can try using baseline calibration but the difference you are showing may be beyond the allow compensation in the baseline. from what you said, it seems that you haven't diluted the mixed reagent enough.

Try with baseline first and see if that can compensate for the error. If not, add a bit more RO water to the "bad" mix of reagent and see if that will raise your results higher.

If the bad mixed reagent isn't too much, we suggest to remix it to get the accuracy you need.

Thanks Eric! Its a sizable batch so I'll try to dilute like you said! Thank you for responding. It was very timely as I was about to add more reagent and concentrate it even more!

Yes, you can try using baseline calibration but the difference you are showing may be beyond the allow compensation in the baseline. from what you said, it seems that you haven't diluted the mixed reagent enough.

Try with baseline first and see if that can compensate for the error. If not, add a bit more RO water to the "bad" mix of reagent and see if that will raise your results higher.

If the bad mixed reagent isn't too much, we suggest to remix it to get the accuracy you need.