Test water back into system instead of disposing of

Has anyone done this ? Have you seen any effects ? I seen where Jonas says will just slightly lower dkh and more or less okay but... do at own risk. I am leaving on business and considering this option for a week or so while gone.

With no one to dump container or replace saltwater used (23oz ish daily - 3hr interval) I don't want salinity falling that much as ATO replaces with RO.

Thanks

I test every 6 hrs and have it dump back into the tank with no ill effects. I have been doing this for about 6-8 months now.

@tim-asquith said in Test water back into system instead of disposing of:

You could up your shedule to 6 hrs to reduce the amount you would be putting in the tank?

That's exactly what I have done recently. No need for me to test every 2 or 4 hours anymore now that I know that I have my alkalinity dialed in ATM. If it starts dropping then I'll change it back to testing more frequently, but now feel it would be a waste of reagent to test more frequently.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone 👍 and thanks for the forum Eric/Jonas

@eric

Thanks 👍

I personally started using alkatronic in my own 60L nano for about 3-4 weeks (5 hours interval) now and have been dumping back in from the start. Can't see any side effects.

I've dumoed it in my sump since start (about 4 weeks ago). Also running an apex - salinity is not dropping - why would i?, It's the tank water being dumped back together with only 10ml on reagens. In my 350 000 ml tank 10 ml will not change the salinity in a long time - 100 tests is 1 liter... If I'm not missing something here?

I only been running mine for 2-3 days but i've been dumping back to sump from the start.
I have apex on salinity/ph/orp & i'm not seeing anything that worries me.
I have it set on every 2h testing atm
In the manual is a table for how little it lowers dkh

You could up your shedule to 6 hrs to reduce the amount you would be putting in the tank?