Wi-Fi issues

I'm no computer genius but I followed the troubleshooting tips on the manual and no luck. I'm not using 5g as advised by Roman and there is plenty of Wi-Fi signal where the unit is.

Roman says its on the router side. I have no idea how to troubleshoot that though.

Just wanted to ask here in case somebody had the same issue and found a solution.

Thanks in advance!

-Ty

@FarmerTy , have your wifi issues been resolved? I myself am running into some as of late. It is like the device is getting stuck in bluetooth mode. If I am not home when this happens, I cannot get it to reconnect to wifi. I am having to go into the app, then close the app again in order for it to connect to wifi again. Hopefully this is something that can be resolved with a software fix and not a hardware issue.

see this some late, issue solved with wifi? Otherwise contact us at Fb page and we can further assist you. I am sure we will fix it, there are very very few issues with wifi, and finally that have been all on router side, so we will help you. /J

@mitchel-hayes Yeah, sorry about that Mitchel. I read your old post as a new post because of the order and responded again.

No they are posting in descending order. Just changed my sort by.

Crazy the thread replies aren't posting in order

@mitchel-hayes Mothership Mitchel. I'm connecting fine to the phone and IPad.

@mitchel-hayes I'm having issues to the mothership. I can connect on my phone and IPad fine Mitchel.

@zhiliang-zhang said in Wi-Fi issues:

@farmerty said in Wi-Fi issues:

Thanks Eric! I'll give it a try with the hotspot when I get back in town Sunday.

I'm using the standard Spectrum router, not Apple.

Ty,
I believe Jonas told me the unit can connect via either bluetooth or wifi but not at the same time. I use bluetooth connected to the unit saved wifi settings and did a power cycle, been working fine since then.

I am using google wifi, what router are you using?

He is using the router that comes with Spectrum internet

@farmerty said in Wi-Fi issues:

Thanks Eric! I'll give it a try with the hotspot when I get back in town Sunday.

Ty,
I believe Jonas told me the unit can connect via either bluetooth or wifi but not at the same time. I use bluetooth connected to the unit saved wifi settings and did a power cycle, been working fine since then.

I am using google wifi, what router are you using?

@FarmerTy can you try connecting it to your phone's hotspot? We have a video of that so you can follow......apologies not the best video but should do the trick..........this should at least rule out issues in the hardware.

May I know what router you are using? We have users having trouble with the apple's routers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2JGGvnQgAg&t=2s

@eric Thank you Eric. I should have made it more clear in my first post. I've tried the troubleshooting tips and it didn't work for me.

after you are connected to the internet, you will get an alert from the app saying the unit is connected. please make sure you have enabled the "auto upload" mode and also enabled the alerts for high and low dkh in the setting page. the next measurement after all these have been done will be transferred to the cloud.

Is seems like your unit is not connected to your home router (internet). please follow our troubleshoot instruction for wifi connection.

http://www.focustronic.net/manuals

I can login on the phone app via Bluetooth.

When I pull up the website login, it just shows a blank data graph.

@tim-asquith It says "Cloud".
0_1531971618162_Capture+_2018-07-18-22-39-56.png

Hey @FarmerTy, what issue are you having? Are you having a problem connecting to the unit through the phone app or is the unit not sending info to the mother-ship?

On your device list what does it say next to your device and are you logging in on your web browser on the Alkatronic login page?