WIFI

Any tips on getting this working?
I have looked at the pdf & tried the remove/add ssid & reboot alkatronic already. high low dkh alert on etc etc.
I have 2 wifi networks it won't work on either - i don't want to set it up just on my phone as when i leave the house that is not a fix.

Have enabled a guest connection to the router /disabled firewall etc - no dice
ASUS N14U

Anything wrong there?

alt text

alt text

alt text

Router is about 6 feet away at the other end of the tank
All BT turned off - alkatronic then rebooted - no life - sits on Alkatronic & version number screen is all

With phone held where the alkatronic is the phone connects to the wifi fine & signal is also fine

alt text

Good you have it figured out @Daniel-Eriksson.

@daniel-eriksson said in WIFI:

Maybe just a posting error, but you are mixing two seperate wireless networks in your posts - one named ASUS and one named ASUS_Guest1.
Be sure to use the network named ASUS - and be sure to check the network key on that network (not the ASUS_Guest1).
Maybe you just mixed them up somehow and therefor cannot connect...

Yeah i tried it on the normal ASUS SSID & it never worked so created a guest account in the hope that might help have some more relaxed security but neither seemed to work out.
Looking thru the logs i can see "rasberrypi" making an appearance but it never seemed to update to the cloud any data.

Its now working 100% off a 3G router(Huawei B593)(LTE) but i did put the alktronic mac address in a wifi whitelist on that - will maybe go back & take that away later & see if it will work without it or not - previous day it would not.

@john-g said in WIFI:

Any tips on getting this working?
I have looked at the pdf & tried the remove/add ssid & reboot alkatronic already. high low dkh alert on etc etc.
I have 2 wifi networks it won't work on either - i don't want to set it up just on my phone as when i leave the house that is not a fix.

Have enabled a guest connection to the router /disabled firewall etc - no dice
ASUS N14U

Anything wrong there?

alt text

alt text

alt text

Router is about 6 feet away at the other end of the tank
All BT turned off - alkatronic then rebooted - no life - sits on Alkatronic & version number screen is all

With phone held where the alkatronic is the phone connects to the wifi fine & signal is also fine

alt text

Maybe just a posting error, but you are mixing two seperate wireless networks in your posts - one named ASUS and one named ASUS_Guest1.
Be sure to use the network named ASUS - and be sure to check the network key on that network (not the ASUS_Guest1).
Maybe you just mixed them up somehow and therefor cannot connect...

I’m not sure as I never really look at the device list on my router.

Maybe some success now - i took it back over to my 3G router & white listed the alktronic Mac address & now the cloud seems to be updating

yes checked that several times - off & on with that too to try rule it out
As long as the app is closed/bluetooth connection off - Should the "rasberrypi" stay visible on the wifi connection device? or does it just flash up when it is using it transfering data

In settings have you got upload mode enabled?

Unit is now at least running scheduled tests but still no luck with wi-fi connection.
Up until 11.51 reading the unit was connecting to the cloud via my phones somehow - since then i have forced it to use asus router & its not working at all

Cloud data
alt text

App data
alt text

Have once again gone thru delete ssid save & re-enter then close app & restart alktronic - still no joy.

When the alktronic is connected to wifi properly should it stay visible on the router OR does it only be visible when it is exchanging data?
Like in my example above with tablet - it just flashed then disappeared, it does not stay visible - is that normal or not ?? - i don't believe it connected properly to that tablet wi fi myself.

@tim-asquith thanks for explaining. we are working hard to get this bug fixed! Maybe for the time being, the unit should be "set and forget" and just let it run on its schedule. Of course, adjusting the settings like changing the high/low dkh range will not affect this.

BTW, check in the announcement section with some teaser photos of the next update.

@John-G , another point, since the wireless module cannot use either BT or Wifi at the same time, we always suggest user to get into a habit to kill the app after each session. When the unit is not connected via the App (BT), it will/should stay connected to your wifi router.

Hi John, I check the log from the cloud server and your unit last connection was 2 hours before this message. So this means that your unit can connect to your router and upload data. The last dkh was 7.14 shown but that may not be the latest because if your unit is disconnected, it cannot upload the latest value.

There is a small bug which we are trying to fix. If a user does many "extra measure", the unit sometimes will lost the test schedule. An easy fix is to just reboot the unit and connect it once with the app so time/date is synced. (If your unit is connected to router, the time/date sync is done automatically and therefore do not require the user to connect with the app via BT).

Ok will try that - Its been off & on a bunch already trying to get this wifi to grab properly,i also had it on a 3G router SSID for most of time so far & i know i had apex problems with that so its set over on the Asus adsl fixed line one now & will see if that brings any change.
Doesn't seem like its locked in on that one tho unless it just connects when it wants to send data,Didn't seem to hold on the tablet wifi either.....Anyway we see , Cheers for your help

There is a software bug that if you do too many manual tests the unit can lock up, I would switch it off and back on after a few mins and then just leave it and see what happens.

alt text

I understand that means next test at 00.00 but thats been similiar all day - the time comes & goes & nothing activates for a test

@john-g no it should update about 2-5 mins after a test.

No idea, if you have saved a 2h schedule it should act at the time it shows in the app or on the screen on the unit, what on the units screen?

@tim-asquith said in WIFI:

what do you mean get it on WiFi properly?

That’s all there is until the cloud service gets updated soon.

So the values being behind on the cloud that far is normal? 12 hours or so?
Any idea why the machine won't run at its programed tests 2h/4h ?
It just sleeps so far unless i do a manual start
Thanks for your help by the way

what do you mean get it on WiFi properly?

That’s all there is until the cloud service gets updated soon.

I have some uploaded values there but that was when i had "share internet via bluetooth" enabled on my ph.
Since i've disabled using that to get it on wifi properly there's no updated readings.
Cloud shows last reading was 11.51
On the app i have 11.51 + 13.42 + 16.21 + 22.19 - they were all manually started as the machine still wont run scheduled tests & they also haven't got to the cloud

That’s connected to your router, you need to open your browser on your phone and go here http://www.focustronic.net/alkatronic-cloud/login and login 👍